AMD Showcases Industry-Leading Innovation Across the High-Performance Computing Ecosystem at COMPUTEX 2021
— Keynote highlights company’s expanding momentum, powerful and expanding established of companions, and breakthrough AMD technologies powering gaming, PCs and the knowledge centre —
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 31, 2021 (World NEWSWIRE) — Nowadays at COMPUTEX 2021, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) showcased its most recent computing and graphics technologies innovations to speed up the superior-general performance computing ecosystem, spanning gaming, PCs and the facts centre. AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su unveiled the most up-to-date breakthrough in higher-functionality computing pioneered by AMD with new 3D chiplet engineering expanded adoption of AMD computing and graphics technologies in the automotive and cell markets with business leaders Tesla and Samsung new AMD Ryzen™ processor choices for enthusiasts and shopper PCs management information middle functionality with the hottest 3rd Gen AMD EPYC™ processors and a complete slate of new AMD graphics systems for gamers.
“At Computex, we highlighted the escalating adoption of our high-general performance computing and graphics systems as AMD continues placing the tempo of innovation for the industry,” mentioned Dr. Su. “With the launches of our new Ryzen and Radeon processors and the initially wave of AMD Gain notebooks, we continue on growing the ecosystem of leadership AMD items and systems for players and fans. The upcoming frontier of innovation in our field is having chip layout into the 3rd dimension. Our to start with application of 3D chiplet technological innovation at Computex demonstrates our dedication to proceed pushing the envelope in large-performance computing to drastically enrich consumer experiences. We are very pleased of the deep partnerships we have cultivated throughout the ecosystem to ability the solutions and products and services that are vital to our day-to-day life.”
Accelerating Chiplet and Packaging Innovation
AMD carries on to develop on its leadership IP and investments in top producing and packaging technologies with AMD 3D chiplet technological know-how, a packaging breakthrough that combines AMD’s ground breaking chiplet architecture with 3D stacking employing an field-top hybrid bond tactic that offers over 200 times the interconnect density of 2nd chiplets and additional than fifteen occasions the density when compared to present 3D packaging solutions. Pioneered in near collaboration with TSMC, the sector-main technology also consumes less power1 than recent 3D options and is the most adaptable energetic-on-active silicon stacking technological innovation in the environment.
AMD showed the initial software of 3D chiplet engineering at COMPUTEX 2021 – a 3D vertical cache bonded to an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processor prototype that is created to supply significant efficiency gains across a wide established of apps. AMD is on-track to commence production on long term substantial-end computing solutions with 3D chiplets by the close of this calendar year. [33:49-38:forty nine]
Bringing the AMD RDNA™ two Gaming Architecture to New Markets
AMD introduced that it is bringing new gaming ordeals to the automotive and cellular marketplaces by its deep partnerships with marketplace leaders.
- The recently built infotainment programs in the Tesla Model S and Product X are run by an AMD Ryzen Embedded APU and an AMD RDNA 2 architecture-primarily based GPU that permits AAA gaming. [eleven:19-12:02]
- AMD is partnering with Samsung on its future era Exynos SoC, which will characteristic customized AMD RDNA 2 architecture-primarily based graphics IP that brings raytracing and variable level shading capabilities to flagship cellular equipment. [12:08-12:forty]
AMD Radeon 6000M Series Mobile Graphics Powering Future-Gen Quality Gaming Laptops
AMD introduced a number of effective new remedies that get substantial-overall performance gaming to new levels.
- AMD Radeon RX 6000M Collection Cell Graphics: Made to convey environment-class general performance, outstanding visible fidelity and immersive ordeals to gaming laptops, AMD Radeon RX 6000M Sequence GPUs harness the breakthrough AMD RDNA two gaming architecture to provide up to one.5Xtwo greater gaming effectiveness than AMD RDNA architecture. [12:forty-19:06]
- AMD Advantage Style Framework: A collaborative effort and hard work amongst AMD and its world Pc associates to supply the future technology of quality gaming laptops by combining significant-efficiency AMD Radeon RX 6000M Sequence Mobile Graphics, AMD Radeon™ Software program and AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Cellular Processors with distinctive AMD wise technologies and other sophisticated process structure attributes. The to start with AMD Benefit laptops are predicted to be obtainable from major OEMs beginning this thirty day period. [24:ten-32:28]
- AMD FidelityFX Tremendous Resolution (FSR): A reducing-edge spatial upscaling technological innovation made to raise framerates up to two.5X in find titles to provide a large-high-quality, substantial-resolution gaming experience. The open up-source technologies offers wide aid on much more than a hundred AMD processors and GPUs, as very well as competitor GPUs, and additional than ten recreation builders prepare to combine FSR into their major titles and activity engines in 2021. [19:10-23:17]
Growing the AMD Ryzen Portfolio
AMD expanded the Ryzen household of processors additional into the desktop area with new options for professional programs and fans.
- AMD Ryzen 5000G Series Desktop APUs: The Ryzen seven 5700G and the Ryzen five 5600G provide the electricity of “Zen 3” and built-in Radeon graphics effectiveness with each other in a single chip and will be available to the Do-it-yourself industry later on this calendar year. [8:26-10:20]
- AMD Ryzen Professional 5000 Sequence Desktop Processors: The G- and GE-Sequence of desktop processors, also launching today, provide leadership efficiency and the most contemporary safety attributes to business-ready, business-grade techniques.
Fixing Business Difficulties with 3rd Gen AMD EPYC™ Processors
AMD showcased how its management 3rd Gen AMD EPYC processors and deep partnerships across the server ecosystem are enabling the electronic services and activities that billions of end users rely on just about every day.
- With the introduction of 3rd Gen EPYC processors, AMD has additional than doubled the selection of out there options in contrast to the former technology processor, which include top methods for hyper converged infrastructure, data administration, info analytics and HPC that provide superb effectiveness, safety capabilities and worth to prospects. [two:45-five:00]
- In the initially general public aggressive demonstration from the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors working with an e-commerce software, threerd Gen EPYC processors sent 50% extra enterprise transactions than the competition’s most powerful two-socket procedure, while preserving a similar SLAthree. [5:00-6:48]
- AMD EPYC processors at the moment hold 220 globe information4 across cloud, enterprise and HPC workloads and applications.
- Watch the keynote
- Study far more about AMD Radeon 6000M Series GPUs
- Master additional about AMD Advantage
- Find out a lot more about AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
- Master more about AMD Ryzen 5000 Sequence Desktop APUs
- Come to be a lover of AMD on Facebook
- Stick to AMD on Twitter
For much more than 50 several years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the creating blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the information heart. Hundreds of hundreds of thousands of people, top Fortune five hundred companies and chopping-edge scientific exploration services close to the entire world depend on AMD technologies every day to boost how they stay, work and enjoy. AMD personnel close to the entire world are targeted on making fantastic items that thrust the boundaries of what is attainable. For more information and facts about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, pay a visit to the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, EPYC, Radeon, Ryzen and mixtures thereof, are emblems of Superior Micro Gadgets, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be logos of their respective house owners.
This push release contains forward-wanting statements relating to Innovative Micro Products, Inc. (AMD) these types of as the functions, operation, performance, availability, timing and expected gains of AMD Radeon™ RX 6000M Collection Cell Graphics GPUs, the AMD Edge Layout Framework, AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution and AMD Radeon RX 6000M-primarily based laptops, which are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Ahead-searching statements are generally recognized by terms these as “would,” “may possibly,” “expects,” “believes,” “plans,” “intends,” “assignments” and other terms with identical that means. Buyers are cautioned that the forward-on the lookout statements in this push launch are based mostly on present-day beliefs, assumptions and anticipations, converse only as of the date of this press launch and include risks and uncertainties that could bring about real outcomes to differ materially from current expectations. These statements are subject to certain regarded and unknown hazards and uncertainties, several of which are difficult to predict and generally over and above AMD’s manage, that could result in precise success and other future gatherings to vary materially from these expressed in, or implied or projected by, the ahead-wanting data and statements. Materials elements that could bring about precise success to differ materially from current expectations include things like, without the need of limitation, the following: Intel Corporation’s dominance of the microprocessor market place and its intense enterprise techniques worldwide economic uncertainty the decline of a significant customer the affect of the COVID-19 pandemic on AMD’s small business, economic issue and results of functions the aggressive markets in which AMD’s items are offered quarterly and seasonal sales patterns market situations of the industries in which AMD products are offered the cyclical mother nature of the semiconductor marketplace AMD’s capability to sufficiently shield its technology or other mental property unfavorable currency exchange charge fluctuations the skill of third celebration suppliers to manufacture AMD’s products on a timely basis in ample portions and making use of competitive technologies the availability of essential machines, materials, substrates or production processes anticipated producing yields for AMD’s goods AMD’s means to introduce solutions on a well timed foundation with functions and effectiveness amounts that present price to its buyers AMD’s capability to produce profits from its semi-personalized SoC items prospective protection vulnerabilities probable IT outages, facts decline, information breaches and cyber-assaults uncertainties involving the buying and cargo of AMD’s goods AMD’s reliance on third-occasion intellectual residence to structure and introduce new items in a well timed fashion AMD’s reliance on 3rd-party firms for the style and design, manufacture and offer of motherboards, software program and other computer system system factors AMD’s reliance on Microsoft Corporation and other application vendors’ aid to layout and create computer software to run on AMD’s products AMD’s reliance on third-celebration distributors and add-in-board partners the effects of modification or interruption of AMD’s internal small business processes and details techniques compatibility of AMD’s items with some or all sector-standard software program and components costs connected to defective items the performance of AMD’s supply chain AMD’s ability to depend on 3rd social gathering provide-chain logistics functions AMD’s ability to properly regulate the income of its solutions on the grey industry the effect of govt steps and rules these kinds of as export administration polices, tariffs and trade protection actions AMD’s ability to understand its deferred tax belongings opportunity tax liabilities present-day and long run claims and litigation the impact of environmental guidelines, conflict minerals-similar provisions and other legal guidelines or polices the impression of acquisitions, joint ventures and/or investments on AMD’s business enterprise, like the declared acquisition of Xilinx, and the failure to combine acquired companies AMD’s potential to comprehensive the Xilinx merger the impact of the announcement and pendency of the Xilinx merger on AMD’s organization the influence of any impairment of the mixed company’s belongings on the put together company’s economical placement and effects of operation the restrictions imposed by agreements governing AMD’s notes and the revolving credit rating facility AMD’s indebtedness AMD’s potential to generate enough funds to support its credit card debt obligations or fulfill its working funds necessities AMD’s ability to repurchase its fantastic personal debt in the celebration of a change of handle AMD’s capability to make ample earnings and working funds circulation or obtain external financing for analysis and enhancement or other strategic investments political, lawful, financial challenges and organic disasters foreseeable future impairments of goodwill and know-how license purchases AMD’s skill to appeal to and keep qualified staff AMD’s inventory selling price volatility and worldwide political ailments. Traders are urged to review in element the risks and uncertainties in AMD’s Securities and Exchange Fee filings, including but not confined to AMD’s most new studies on Types 10-K and 10-Q.
one Dependent on AMD engineering interior analysis, May perhaps 2021
2 Tests accomplished by AMD effectiveness labs April 9 2021, on twenty five game titles at 1440p applying the flagship AMD RDNA two cellular portion versus the flagship AMD RDNA mobile element employing 20.fifty-210215n driver, AMD Ryzen 9, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, Win10 Pro 64. Efficiency may fluctuate. RX-661
three MLN-092: SPECjbb® 2015-MultiJVM Important comparison primarily based on very best doing devices published at www.spec.org as of four/28/2021, 2x AMD EPYC™ 7763 scored 301,297 SPECjbb® 2015-MultiJVM Critical-jOPS (359,067 max-jOPS, https://spec.org/jbb2015/results/res2021q1/jbb2015-20210224-00612.html) which has fifty% greater significant server-facet Java® operations than the prime “Ice Lake” 2x Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8380 that scored 201,334 critical-jOPS (258,368 max-jOPS, https://spec.org/jbb2015/success/res2021q2/jbb2015-20210324-00635.html). 2x AMD EPYC 7H12 scored 248,942 significant-jOPS (315,663 max-jOPS, http://spec.org/jbb2015/success/res2020q2/jbb2015-20200423-00550.html). SPEC® and SPECjbb® are registered trademarks of the Common Effectiveness Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for far more facts.
4 EPYC-22: For a total checklist of entire world documents see https://www.amd.com/en/processors/epyc-globe-data.
AMD Trader Relations
Resource: State-of-the-art Micro Devices, Inc.